FANTASTY DUCK STAMP LEague LEADER BOARD
1. Jeff Wierzba (78)
2. Gunner Hilliard (77)
3. Adam Nisbett (60)
4. Patrick Haubner; Bryan Johnson (59) 6. C. S. (58) 7. Tim Taylor (56) 8. Frank Mittelstadt (55) 9. Martin Smith (54) 10. Steve Menzel (53) 11. Hayes Martens (47) 12. Marissa D'Agostini (45) 13. Christina Frank; Lois Wierzba (42) 15. Gayle Kelly (36) 16. Sara Comstock (34) 17. Janet Brehm (31) 18. Liz Potter-Nelson (24) 19. Patricia Weidknect; Hallie Ranta (18)
Since 1934, when President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the Migratory Bird Hunting Stamp Act into law, the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service has run the Federal Duck Stamp Contest, the only juried art competition sponsored by the federal government. The Duck Stamp, also known as the Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamp, not only licenses waterfowl hunters, but also raises money to conserve and protect bird habitats through the National Wildlife Refuge System.
This year's open-to-the-public contest will be held in Stevens Point, WI. To encourage residents to follow the competition, CREATE has put together this Fantasy Duck Stamp League. To participate, open the flickr gallery of 2017 entries and use the form below to move ducks through each round of the competition. Selections are finalized once a participant hits the "submit" button. Participants must submit their selections by 11:59 PM Central Time on September 14, 2017 to be eligible for the league.
Remember these criteria when making your assessments:
- Biological Accuracy - the five eligible species for 2017 are: Mallard, Gadwall, Cinnamon Teal, Blue-winged Teal, Harlequin Duck
- species must be anatomically correct
- habitat in which the species is portrayed must be accurate for the species and season
- behavior exhibited must be accurate for the species
- Artistic Composition
- Suitability as a Stamp - the 7 X 10 art must retain its appeal when reduced to a 1 1/2" X 1 3/4" stamp
The replication or reuse of these images without the consent of the artist violates U.S. copyright law.